Sunday, May 13, 2018

Speechless

Candice and I after our presentation
On Saturday, May 12th, I attended an NF symposium at John Hopkins All Children's Hospital. I was eager to attend not only because I wanted to learn about new research findings on NF but more so because my hero and friend Candice was going to speak.
As I was sitting in the second row, sipping some coffee, I saw Candice approach the podium to speak to the host. They spoke for a few minutes, I figured they were talking about Candice's presentation and the other presenters.
A few minutes before the symposium was to begin Candice called me over, I figured she wanted me to meet the host for the day.
I was 50% right.
I was asked if I felt comfortable, if I could speak on my life and how NF has affected it. It took me less than 30 seconds to say "yes".



Giving my speech
So, I gave an impromptu speech on how NF has played a part of my life for almost 31 years. It was a cathartic experiance and at the same time exhilarating. I realized after giving my speech that I want to continue doing this, what can I say, I am hooked!





No comments:

Post a Comment