Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mi Mama Me Mima



 My mom is great. I know, every child believes their mother is great, but not every child has a mother like mine. My mom also has Neurofibromatosis, she was diagnosed when she was a teenager. Unlike me, she has not had to have multiple surgeries on account of her NF. However, she does have a lot more fibromas than I; but she also did have three kids by the time she was my age.

I asked my mom once if she would have had children if she knew that her NF would have been affected. Her response was simple. She said, "Yes."  I've also asked my mom if she would have still had me if she would have known that my NF would be more complicated. Again, her response was was simple. Once more she said, "Yes."

My mom has been by my side during all my surgeries. She is always the first person I ask for after waking up from an eight-hour surgery. She has slept on uncomfortable hospital beds and ate yucky hospital food all to be by my side. She has nursed me back to health when I have been sick. She has even removed stitches from my index finger.

My mom is great. She has done a fantastic job raising my brothers and me. She has taught me to never allow myself to believe that I am incapable of accomplishing my goals due to having NF. My mom is a beautiful, smart and talented woman that I one day hope to become. She is by far one of the strongest women I have had the privilege of knowing. After overcoming a divorce and financial difficulties, she is now graduating with her Master's degree in Counseling! I am proud to call her my mother!

Te amo Mima !


No comments:

Post a Comment