Saturday, July 14, 2018

Motherhood Part 2

 As  I was recovering from major surgery in January, I received the most fantastic news ever, not once, but twice was I told that I would become an aunt! Both my sister-in-law and friend gave me that happy news that they were pregnant. I cannot begin to express the excitement I feel towards this new title I am earning! I have sheer joy and cannot wait to hold my niece and nephew (of course not at the same time). I am going to enjoy every second of being an aunt because I know I am going to rock it!
After I digested the fact that I would become an aunt to two babies this year, I asked myself, if becoming an aunt would or could replace my yearning for motherhood. I have yet to find the answer, and I do not know if I ever will.

In Motherhood Part 1, I shared an experience I had in a previous relationship where the possibility of becoming a mother was very likely. How different would my life be right now if that pregnancy test would have been positive?  Would I still be in the same relationship? Would I have been promoted to supervisor of Gateway Services? Most importantly, would I have had four surgeries in seven months?   I really do not want to consider having an alternative life to the one I am currently living. I still believe that it was a real blessing that it was only a scare because I was not prepared for motherhood at that time and honestly, I am not ready now either.

I do not know how different things would have been, so all I can imagine is living this same life, having had the same experiences but only with a toddler. If that were the case, then, I would be a single mother with an incredible support system because I would not have been able to go through surgery alone while raising a child. But all this is just hypothetical of course.
Motherhood is in my future, but for now, I am going to enjoy aunthood to the fullest!!



No comments:

Post a Comment