Monday, September 10, 2018

What's Up with the Hair?

 I miss my long brown hair. I can't wait to have it down to my waist again. The concept of short hair is foreign to me, and the only reason I have short hair right now is purely medical. I would never in a million years have a pixie cut by choice. But my body decided that it was going to misbehave and thus resulted not one but two unplanned surgeries.

I like my long hair not only because I have gorgeous hair, yes that is a conceited statement, but more importantly, because it has been my security blanket for 31 years. And now I am completely exposed to the world, and I do not like it. I used to be able to cover the right side of my face and not be seen, and now, I have nothing! I am forced to go out into the world without my protective shield.
Ironically, everyone and I mean everyone loves my short hair! This I do not understand! Nor do I want to because the pixie is not staying.
Yes, I feel more comfortable and confident than ever before, but that does not change that fact that I feel the most secure when I have long hair. That will never change.
So thank you all for the compliments. I  appreciate it and trust me, your kind words do help, but you will not change my mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment