Saturday, July 21, 2012

Love... Or Something Like It......



Love, this simple four letter word holds as much power as one atomic bomb! 
I figured out at an early age that my life was not very common and that I would not experience the same 'rite of passages' as the majority of my peers, especially when it came to high school.Nonetheless, I did want to experience the typical things such as learning to drive, having a job, joining extracurricular activities, and having a boyfriend. My freshmen year of high school I joined the swim team and became a member of multiple school clubs, I also learned how to drive, and during my junior year of high school, I found a job. Overall my high school experience was great! The only missing factor was the l high school sweet heart.  I knew that one would be a difficult one to accomplish especially when you spent a better part of you primary education being made fun of and being shunned by a majority of your classmates. Despite all this, I still believed that I would one day find love
On multiple occasions, various classmates would tease me by telling me that I would never have a boyfriend because I was not pretty enough. Although it did hurt my feelings to hear this from my peers, I did not let it get me down because the people that mattered the most to me never shared the same thoughts as my school peers did. That was until someone that was part of my inner most circle said the unthinkable, he said " Angela, you having a boyfriend will be almost impossible because men are too superficial and well look at you." That was properly one of the most hurtful things anyone has ever told me because it came from someone I actually cared for and loved. I, unfortunately, believed him and gave up on my hopes and dreams of ever finding my prince charming. In a way, I agreed with him because at the time I was twenty and I had yet to have my first kiss, so that should have been a clue that I would not have a boyfriend.
And then I met him! The one that broke the spell and gave me my first kiss!! I was twenty-two years old. Not only did he give me my first kiss but he also became my first boyfriend, and although he and I are no longer together he made me realize that sometimes people really don't know what they are talking about. =) He was my prince charming for a short time, and he was just what I needed to get back on the horse and realize that I should not let others put my dreams, hopes, and wants down. 
I don't know when I will meet my next prince charming, but I know he is in my future because I already met someone that broke the spell and took his time to get to know me and found me to be more than your average gal! To him, I was a lot more than attractive, beautiful, funny, sexy and smart. To him, I was the girl that stopped him right in his tracks, and for the period we dated I was the most important person in his life. I was his girl! 
We are all deserving of being loved and finding love, the mere fact that I have NF does not exclude me from experiencing such! 
LOVE IS SIMPLE AND BLIND 

No comments:

Post a Comment