Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Spooky Halloween

Happy Halloween!!!!

Since it's the eve of Halloween, it only seems fair that I write about the holiday that has not always been my favorite. When I was younger, I was all for Halloween, but surprisingly as I have gotten older I have grown to dislike October 31st very much!!  As a kid, I would dress up with my brothers and go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood; our parents would often drive us to the 'rich' neighborhoods because they would give out the king sized candy bars and have best Halloween decorations. I actually have awesome childhood memories filled with home made costumes, trading candy with my brothers and going parties.
It wasn't until I became older that I started disliking this holiday. I think I started hating Halloween because as I grew up, it all changed. I was no longer going door-to-door asking for candy but actually going to parties. It's funny how it was never the kids that were rude and  said mean comments but the adults. Now,  I go to parties and want to leave right away because adults are plain evil at times.
The comments are always in the form of a compliment, or so they think. What people usually say is " Wow, excellent makeup!", or " Oh, wow, how did you manage to do that cool eye makeup?"
I know I shouldn't let these comments affect me, but I can't help but it if it does, especially when all I want is to have a good time out with my friends.
Last year, I went to a bar with a girlfriend and decided not to dress up as it was a last minute decision; Surprisingly enough I only had one person come up to me and comment about my 'face makeup, ' and since the music was blaring loud I didn't let it affect me. Nonetheless, I rather stay home than my other alternative(s). And despite having very loving and supportive friends and family members, prefer to avoid encounters such as the ones I have experienced because in reality they do affect me.


No comments:

Post a Comment