Thursday, December 31, 2015

Beyound NF

Tonight, I find myself thinking about life. Within hours 2016 will arrive and with it new goals and opportunities for growth and development.  I am thinking about everything I have overcome and gone through. I sometimes wonder how I got to this point when so many thought I would not be able to do much in life. I was judged severely by doctors, teachers, and peers. I have been bullied and shunned. I have been treated as an inferior and trampled on.

Despite everything, I have triumphed. But there is still a lot more that needs to be done and accomplished. I still wake-up and wonder how different my life would be if NF were not part of it. Would it be necessarily easier? I will never know the answer. What I do know is that anything and everything I do in life NF will be a significant part of.

There is so much that I have already accomplished that I was told I would not be able to do. But there are still many many things I would like to check-off my bucket list. I want to get married and become a mom. I want to write and publish books. I want to be a voice for those like myself.  I want to travel around the world!

2015 brought many challenges that were not necessarily having anything to do with my neurofibromatosis.  Nonetheless, I am stronger and better prepared for the curve balls of 2016!!!



DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY CUPID'S UNDIE RUN PAGE, DONATE NOW!! 
THANK YOU=) 





No comments:

Post a Comment