Saturday, February 3, 2018

My First Boyfriend

My 'first' boyfriend was a high schooler, had long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, and was a bit taller than me.At least this is what I told some girls in middle school that would bully me by telling me that I was too ugly to have a boyfriend. They would say to me that I was too skinny and unattractive because my face is disfigured.
So one day, I got so tired of their bullying that I told them that I did have a boyfriend that was a freshman in high school. I still remember their doubtful faces as I shared with them my fairytale romance with an older boy!  One of the girls told me that she wanted to see a picture of this 'boy' that I was so calling my boyfriend.  So, without flinching, I agreed to bring in a picture of Juan and I together.
Related imageA few days later I went to school with picture in hand. The truth was that Juan and I grew up together, we were more like cousins than friends. He and I spent pretty much every weeked together. Juan knew very well of the bullying I indured in school, many times I would just cry in his arms as he did his very best to console me. When I asked Juan if he would prentend to be my boyfriend and show some bullies a picutre of the two of us, he agreed right away. I do not know if my bullies believed me or not, and honestly, at this point it does not matter but the girls did stop taunting me, at least for a few days.
Through out my adolescense many classmates and so called friends told me that I would never find love. They would say that men would only see me as a friend. Instead of believing Juan and others that would say that they were wrong, I chose to believe my bullies. Afterall, I went through middle and high school without been kissed.

I had my first kiss and boyfriend at the age of 22.


No comments:

Post a Comment