Friday, February 3, 2017

I am an NF Advocate

I hope that by now you, my audience, have realized that the reason I write is that I want to advocate for others that like myself have been born with Neurofibromatosis and are at times struggling to cope with it. I am very well aware that NF affects all of us differently and that my blog only speaks about me, but I hope that by reading my struggles and most importantly my accomplishments I will be able to help promote hope and a love for life.

I have always strived to be honest and open because that is the only way I can let you know that despite having NF I live a normal life. But there are times that I do disconnect from this platform because I need time to refocus and figure out how and what exactly I am going to share. Because after all, I am sharing my life and it is not always easy.

So the reason I am going down this rabbit hole is because I have been absent for the past few months due to going through a lot of interpersonal struggles. Many times I began writing about x,y, or z but never completed my story because I was not motivated. I could not shut down my brain enough to allow myself to freely express what was on my mind.

For the first time in a long time, I do not know what to make of life. The constant stability that I had carefully built is no longer there. And although change is good it is not always easy. I am growing and developing at my agency, but it is a slow process. I am starting to not be afraid of driving. I am wanting to go to graduate school but have yet to take the steps towards that.  And finally, I have to get reacquainted with myself because after three years I am single again.

We are a month and 3 days into 2017, and it has already been challenging enough to make me not want to keep on exploring the many possibilities. But I will not give up. I will continue growing and developing either in my current job or another. I will keep driving. I will go to graduate school. And finally, there is no question in my mind, I will find love again. I know all this because I want all of it!!

Oh yeah, join or donate to my Cupid's Undie Run team!!
Angie's Awesome Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment