Wednesday, February 27, 2019

To Kevin

I met Kevin when I was 20 years old. He was 15 years older than me. How or why we ended up chatting for an hour and bounding over NF does not matter because I only saw Kevin that one time. However, that is all it took for Kevin to fall for me. I know this because a few days after we met he messaged me on Myspace (yes, in the era of Myspace) and told me that he hadn't been able to stop thinking about me and that he found me very pretty.  I was taken aback because before Kevin I never thought anyone would crush on me.

It's upsetting that at one point in my life I thought there was a zero percent chance that anyone would fall for me.  At 20, I was still struggling with self-love and self-worth and was continuing to allow the words of bullies to taunt me. Thankfully, all of this nonsense is a thing of the past because I am fully aware that I am worthy of having an admirer or two.


I dedicate this blog to all that have had a crush on me, especially to that guy and gal that I did not like back. Thank you for boosting my self-esteem. Thank you for smiling, winking and flirting, you have no idea the positive impact you had in my life if it weren't for you, I most likely would not have realized that Brian and Joe liked me and wanted to be more than friends.

I have now realized that there were one or two guys in high school that liked me and I actually liked them back. Even though these classmates never came out and said, " I like you," or attempted to be more than friends, having this realization is an incredible feeling.  It has been a little over a decade since I graduated high school, but I can't help but smile, to think that during the years I felt the least attractive some classmates liked me!





6 comments:

  1. Hi Angela! My name is Jennifer, and I am currently writing a novel about a teen girl with NF. I would love to be able to chat with you via email and get your thoughts/help with some things regarding the novel. My email is jenniferk4488@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're beautiful! I know I'm not your type (too many tattoos) but I hope you find your one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooo beautiful my SBXXX :p love you with all my heart

    ReplyDelete